Dealing with Difficult Customer Situations
A one-day programme designed specifically for customer-facing staff, either face-to-face or over the phone
The overall purpose is to focus participants on the attitudes and skills required when dealing with difficult customer situations that have the potential to lead to emotional dialogue or a conflict situation. They will learn skills to defuse situations, demonstrate empathy, and manage their own thoughts and feelings while being aware of the emotions of others.
Areas of focus
- Understanding why people react the way they do in difficult situations
- Using the EAR Model (Explore, Acknowledge , Respond) to understand and resolve
- Focusing on active listening and the DEFUSE model
- Use of Transactional Analysis (TA) for assertive communication
- Saying no positively – the ‘Service No’
- Extended practice opportunities using appropriate scenarios, with feedback from both colleagues and tutors
How will my organisation benefit?
- Contributes towards reduced escalations and quicker, more efficient issue resolution of concerns
- Helps build consistency in the way difficult situations are dealt with
- Provides basis for improved customer satisfaction and loyalty following resolution
- Provides advanced skills using powerful concepts that all staff can use
- Shows ongoing investment in developing your customer service teams